HSA Plan highlights
- You can choose from two HSA plans — the Choice HSA and Value HSA.
- You can see any doctor (including specialists) or use any hospital in the BCBSFL/national alliance network. You don’t need referrals and you don’t need to choose a primary care physician.
- If you choose to receive care outside of the BCBSFL/national alliance network, you are covered but your costs will be higher.
- Preventive care is covered 100% in the BCBSFL/national alliance network.
- You have prescription coverage with Express Scripts, including 100% coverage for certain preventive medications.
Open and use a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Set aside money pre-tax to pay for qualified expenses. Remember, the maximum amount you can contribute to your HSA is the annual limit set by the IRS, plus any catch-up contributions if you are eligible, MINUS the maximum Health Rewards you are eligible to earn.
- Get an additional deposit in your HSA from Bloomin’ Brands if you complete Health Rewards by December 1.
- Earn tax-free interest over time.
- Make tax-free withdrawals to pay for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- Use it as a retirement savings tool.
- Invest part of your HSA in mutual funds to save for the future.
How the Choice and Value HSA Plans work
First, open an HSA.
Open your AccrueHealth HSA to receive money from Bloomin’ Brands. You’ll receive money by completion of Health Actions through the Health Rewards Program.
In addition to money from Bloomin’ Brands, you can elect to deposit your own money into your HSA from each paycheck before your pay is taxed. Remember, the maximum amount you can contribute to your HSA is the annual limit set by the IRS, plus any catch-up contributions if you are eligible, MINUS the maximum Health Rewards you are eligible to earn.
Learn more about your HSA.
Next, you pay out of pocket.
The HSA medical options have a deductible, which is the amount you must pay before the plan begins paying for non-preventive services. If any dependents are enrolled, you must meet the family deductible before the plan shares in the cost of eligible expenses.
After you pay the deductible, the plan will share in the cost of eligible health care expenses, called coinsurance. For example, if the plan pays 80% of the cost, you will pay the remaining 20%.
Preventive care services are covered 100% in the network throughout the plan year and do not affect your HSA.
When you incur eligible health care expenses, you can choose to use your HSA or you can choose to pay another way (i.e., cash, credit card) and let your HSA grow. It’s your choice.
Finally, the plan begins to pay.
Once your deductible and coinsurance payments add up to the plan’s out-of-pocket maximum, the plan will pay 100% of all eligible health care expenses for the rest of the calendar year.
BCBSFL Customer Service
Navigate the healthcare system and your medical coverage
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) administrator